Here is a recipe for a sauce that makes an excellent addition to our very popular Faroe Island Salmon.
The Faroe Islands are a small, remote island group located in the middle of the North Atlantic (between Iceland and Scotland). Despite it's small size, the Faroese aquaculture industry stands out as a boutique producer specializing in top quality Atlantic Salmon.
Whether you grill, broil or saute your salmon, this simple sauce will add elegance to the flavor.
- 1 medium cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 grated rind of a lemon reserve some of the lemon to squeeze into the sauce, if you wish
- 2 scallions, green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise I used Hellman's
- 1 TBSP minced fresh dill
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
Mix all ingredients together adding as you go to personal taste. Chill until ready to serve. Serve cold.
The nice thing about this recipe is that you can make it as you like and flavor it as you go along. Some may want to add a squeeze of lemon, a dash of sugar or simply leave out the Dijon. Taste it as you go but it will certainly enhance the wonderful salmon flavor.