Toulouse Sausage Kabob (Quick and Easy)
Moody’s Toulouse sausage is the best I’ve tasted this side of France! It’s a garlic lover’s delight and is made in same rustic fashion as the best sausages from Southwest France.
- 4 Moody's Pork Toulouse Sausages, cut each link into 4 to 5 pieces
- 1 Large yellow or red onion, cut in chunks
- 1 8 ounce pack of mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers (red, green or yellow), cut in chunks (use 2 colors for presentation)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes Optional - tomatoes will cook faster and get mushy
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- Fresh chopped herbs of choice (all or some of each: rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil, parslet)
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 - 8 8" Bamboo skewers
Soak the skewers in water for at least 15 minutes and preheat your grill
Toss the sausage, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and peppers in a bowl with 1 T olive oil and salt and pepper
Thread ingredients onto the skewers alternating the sausage and vegetables
Grill kabobs, turning, until vegetables are slightly softened and the sausage begins to brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side
The onion may not cook as fast as the other ingredients so once its cleaned and just peeled, cut it in half and put in the micro for 1 minute, then cut it in chunks.