- 2 T + olive oil
- ½ t coarse salt Morton’s Kosher
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ t dried thyme
- ½ t minced rosemary (optional)
- ½ lb. Moody's breakfast sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 t minced garlic
- ½ - 1/4 t thyme
- ½ - 1/4 t rosemary
- Dash cayenne pepper (<1/8 t)
- ½ t (scant) crushed fennel seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste (I often eliminate the salt)
Marinate 2 hens for at least 6 hours.
Blend in herbs to sausage as if you were kneading dough.
Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
Stuff the hens and bake @ 350° for 1 hour & 20 minutes, basting the hens every 20 minutes with the reserved marinade
Note: You want to make certain the sausage stuffing is well cooked. One hour, 20 minutes is the minimum.
Note: you want to make certain the sausage stuffing is well cooked. One hour, twenty minutes is the minimum.
Several of the Moody’s wine offerings will pair well with this dish: Straight Shooter Pinot Noir, Oregon, 2016; Steele Writer’s Block Pinot Noir, California, 2016; Julia James Pinot Noir, California, 2016. See Moody’s Foodie wine notes.